Cube effect on Ubuntu totaly lost

Monday, June 18, 2007 | Label: | |

View weeks ago, after the routine update. My ubuntu box missed their ability to do the cube effect. At that time, it wasn't a big deal. Coz I have a lot of jobs where I must finish immediately. And everything still works without a cube effect.

But, several days after my job was done. I missed my cube effect. Coz al cheapo Acer laptop with a cube effect is cool, right? ;)
Forget the price; just see the power of Ubuntu with XGL/Compiz, did jelly and cube effect.

The main problem is my workspace suddenly became only one. The others have gone... Without other workspaces (usually, I've four workspaces), the cube effect didn't work. And this morning, I have a clue from the Ubuntu forum. What I must do is open "gconf-editor" and change the value of
apps/compiz/screen0/options/hsize

to 4 and change the value of
apps/compiz/screen0/options/number_of_desktops

to 1

After that, everything works now!! :D

*thanks Abhatt

6 komentar:

  1. Anonymous says:

    Thanks for that man.

  2. Me.! says:

    Ur welcome :)

  3. Anonymous says:

    it works !! thanks

  4. Me.! says:

    Ur welcome =)

  5. Duc says:

    it works temporarily. but the hsize changed back to 1 every now and then. is there a permanent fix?

  6. Wingdes says:

    can you make a script to automatically change the value of hsize to 4? so we just have to doble clik and its fixed? since its not a permanent solution, it would be a breeze to just click and fix,
    tul tidak bos? :) sial kena vga card ATI susah bener install beryl. :)