libasound.so.2 losted and then I can't enter to my Gnome

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 | Label: | |

This afternoon, I tried to uninstall my alsa-driver. Then, I don't know why I suddenly uninstalled alsa-lib too. And a big effect is I can't enter my Gnome. Oh, goss...

From the error code, I was lost my libasound.so.2. What it's? After digging around, I found it in alsa-lib. It has made me panic. Damn! I don't remember how I lost my libasound.so.2.

Then, I recognized that I must recompile alsa-lib again,

and then a problem is solved. =) Huraayyy...


*I was panicked at that time

2 komentar:

  1. Anonymous says:

    hy

    i have the same problem
    yesterday i installed an alsa sounddriver and on the next reboot i was unable to start gnome.
    how do i rekopile alsa-lib

    We Are Gear

  2. Me.! says:

    Try to login as single user when your linux start (there is asumed you already connect to internet).

    download alsa lib from command line

    wget http://dl.ambiweb.de/mirrors/ftp.alsa-project.org/lib/alsa-lib-1.0.6.tar.bz2

    Extract,

    tar -xjf alsa-lib-1.0.6.tar.bz2



    Came to inside alsa folder,

    cd alsa-lib-1.0.6/


    Configure,

    ./configure


    Compile,

    sudo make
    sudo make install


    Reboot,

    sudo reboot